background

Monday, October 22, 2012

First Post!

Well, I finally have succumbed and created a blog for the DC bound Dents.

Steve is in his second year of law school and I'm oh so close to finishing my undergrad. We're very busy over here in SLC. 

Shall I do a little recap?

Steve and I met at BYU in a religion class... I instantly picked him out as the class hottie and knew I needed to turn on the charm. I started bringing interesting props to class hoping he'd ask me about them. My sister and I totally stalked him on facebook (something I didn't confess to steve until after we were engaged) and I was hooked. Hooked on Steve.

One time, he asked me for a pencil to sign the roll. Another time, I asked him if he liked weezer. AND THEN, I decided to be a little bit aggressive and added him on facebook. It was a bold move, but a move that paid off. 

Then on December 17, 2009 we texted. I give you here an actual primary source document about this wonderful yet stressful time.
     
"Journal, its been like 2 minutes since he last texted me! I didn't end with a question, ugh." and "YAY! he texted me back!" 

What? people don't text and write in their journal about texting simultaneously to savor the moment? is that weird?

 (Oh man, looking at my old journal is funny. Maybe if you're lucky I'll share with you some of the gems of when I was on my study abroad in a later post.)

Anyways, he asked me out and the rest is history I guess. Steve and I were married in the Washington D.C. temple on July 7, 2011. And we are as happy as can beeee! 


So there's the first post. I'll do some more recapping of last summer and stuff later. Blogging is really going to become a great excuse to procrastinate other things. So excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment